Why Is An SSL Certificate Required?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is an encryption method that invariably secures the browser processed personal details through to the server. This is the technology used by SSL Certificates to ensure data protection while en route from browser to the server that has installed it. There are few authorized SSL Certificate issuing companies handing out reliable certs to the web owners, such as Thawte, COMODO, VeriSign, and so on. SSL Certificates from these are compatible with all the widely deployed web servers, including most popular ones such as Apache and IIS. As online shopping is now preferred by an increasingly high number of people, Ecommerce industry has accepted SSL Certificates as an essential course of action in the internet shopping procedure to make online payments secure.
What Is The Basic Use Of SSL Certificates?
SSL Certificates are primarily meant to protect the personal details exchanged over the sites against any kind of hacking so that the required confidentiality of such private information is maintained. This includes information such as user ID, password, credit card data, bank account details etc. These certificates employ a process of encrypting the information followed by decrypting allowed only through a secret key.
Why Do You Need An SSL Certificate?
- An SSL Certificate helps you build trust towards your website, as by using it on your site you are passing the message to your visitors, including prospective customers, that you respect the privacy of their details.
- You can do your online business remaining absolutely worriless of the security and confidentiality of your customers’ personal details.
- You gain an edge over your competitors by securing your site for safe transactions.
- As an SSL Certificate legitimizes your website and server, your visitors are able to trust you more.
- For all intents and purposes, an SSL Certificate ensures your visitors that you hold a serious, genuine intent doing an online business and thereby increases visitors’ response to your site to translate into higher sales.